Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Hold Your Breath

My Sweetie talked to the IRS today--yes, a real, live, breathing and thinking person.

It seems that since it wasn't actually INCOME, and we did not (please! do I look like I make a profit at anything?!) actually profit, they could "take it off."

As in, make it go away. As in, it no longer exists. (The money was imaginary, but the stress I've lived is NOT.) And now, this whole thing is banished into nothingness.

While I, personally, believe it's too early to be too jubilant about it, and I'm certainly not counting any chickens (or anything else) until the paper arrives from the IRS stating that it's been removed, I can breath a sigh of relief.

My Sweetie, God love him, has learned something from me--get a full name, and write down as much as you can. He also got the IRS person's ID number.

It's ironic, though. A letter from the IRS set this off, and now, I'm looking forward to a letter from the IRS.

Color me mumplized.

2 comments:

KG said...

Hooray for getting stuff in writing! I highly recommend getting EVERYTHING in writing - and kudos for getting the dude's name and contact info!

Anonymous said...

Yay!
Good News!
I hope the letter comes soon so you will have a real sigh relief.

Keep that letter in a safe place...as you know the IRS this could crop up years down the line.

~Renae!