My mother, the Gator, can be critical of me and my haphazard approach to getting things done. I am, to quote my Sweetie, "The Queen of Pullit Outcher Azz." (And I wear that particular tiara with pride.)
But, my mother is just as haphazard as I am--if not moreso sometimes.
Take her family reunion, for example.
The woman wants me to "toss together" a flyer or something to send out to remind her people of the dates, and what's going on during those dates. She tells me "it's the same place as last year." (In all honesty, most of 'em just bleed together for me, so I can't remember last year's from not last year's.)
I throw together this flyer doohicky for her--having it ready today, to appease some arbitrary deadline that only she knows about.
She makes minor changes: the most glaring of which is that it is not "where it was last year." Now, I was careful to ONLY use information she gave me (remember, she's critical) and I didn't get cute or even humorous. She hates humorous.
I sit down to make the corrections and I realize that while she "proofread" and wasn't overly critical (I'm sure that will come later), she did NOT bring me the address list nor the postcards she wants me to enclose. I don't have envelopes, either.
I do, however, have stamps.
I call her, and the best part of this whole fiasco is that she doesn't even have the addresses. Someone else does.
I absolutely hate this about her. (My sister has a tendancy to do this also.) Don't give me 50% of what I need to do what you insist I must...and I know she's going to be pissed off at me later because it didn't get done the way, and on the schedule, she wanted.
But, of course, I'll still be hearing about how I screw things up by waiting til the "last minute."
2 comments:
That sounds pretty schnitty. I hate when you're asked to do something and it would have been SO much easier for hte person to just do it themselves because it takes so much time/effort for the designated "gopher" to do it.
Sounds like my last job!
Post a Comment