Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's Your Lie, Tell It How You Want

Our tantrumming acting president resigned everything PTA related Thursday night after elections. She said, in her letter, that the elections had nothing to do with it.

She's got some serious delusions going on 'round here. She says it's about standing up for herself, and gives the usual Jr High "I know who I am" and then proceeds to ramble on about "doing the right thing" and "always behaved in a professional manner."

Now, I don't know what kind of professional she's thinking, but she certainly wasn't it. Partly, it's the missing hard-g sound in her vocab, her lack of action in doing things that did not bring her into visibility, and then, it's the tantrum.

She got pissy during the meeting whenever anyone did or said anything she didn't like--including questions about the "whys" of the vote process. Several people had questions about why it was being done the way it was (it was obvious that she was trying to lock herself in/everyone else out, and what she ended up doing was locking herself out) and she actually YELLED and was very rude to those of us with questions.

She decided that we would proceed office-by-office, taking nominations from the floor, and closing the nominations as we went. Since she was up for two offices, she figured we would all just let it ride, including her removing one of the officer positions. Neither happened. She did not run unopposed for President nor for 1st VP. She lost both, dismally. 2nd VP opened back up, as the same person was running for each, and won each. Nominations were opened back up, and the one person nominated was voted in by a voice vote since she was unopposed.

Miss Thang managed to keep her composure, but I was certain to lose money, as I expected her to crack like a chapped lip before the end of the meeting. She didn't.

I do believe, though, that the bios that were put in the newsletter were reviewed by her, and she had help writing hers. The letter for the emergency meeting, the emails, and the emailed letter of resignation were hers, though. The inconsistancies from the newsletter to actual tantrumming were vibrant, easy to spot, and included poor sentence structure, misuse of punctuation, and some flat out crazed WTF does that mean thoughts.

Here's the one that kills me:

" I am excusing myself from anymore invalid information about me since I do not deserve it nor did I do anything to provoke it. "

She's pissed because someone stood up during the meeting, before the actual election, and stated that not only did the previous president not return her calls or emails, but that Miss Thang did not do it either. EVERY PERSON in that room has had that experience with one, or both, of them.

I have noticed during this past year, that neither of them treated the people they perceived has having little or no power with respect. If they didn't know you, if they didn't like you, you were ignored, and, I assume (because, DUH, they're women) they talked about you behind your back.

The difference between me and them? Mostly it comes down to a willingness to treat every one the same--I may think you're a total skank, a complete bum, a flake, a freak, or just a plain o' PITA, but, I learned your name, made an effort to know something about you, and THEN asked if you could help me out with whatever PTA thing there was. I never said ANY. THING. bad, mean, or rude about ANY straight up member. It was just the previous prez and Miss Thang--and it was all about their piss poor "professional" conduct. And, I would have said ANY of it to their faces--and, now that I mention it, I HAVE said it in a meeting, at least once.

Oh, btw, I am the Secretary-Elect for the PTA. May God have mercy on my soul.

No comments: