Sunday, April 05, 2009

No, Really

How old are you? The acting PTA prez, last Thursday, gave me one of those idiotic cheerleader waves--one of the ones where you bend your arm at the elbow, so that your hand, palm facing out, is at boob level. You move your hand in a quick side to side motion, smiling like the Homecoming Queen candidate you are, and say in a chipper/cheerful voice, "HI!"

It's bizarre that suddenly, at 41, I'm back in Junior High.

Oh, I forgot the part about how your BFF is attached to you at the shoulder during the wave/HI exchange.

Beeeeeee Zaaaaaaaaar.

She's apparently doing this to several people, though--those of us who have suddenly hit her radar at the meeins.

Voting is coming up, and I guess she's trying to get the vote the Homecoming Queen way. Be all "friendly" to the lesser girls around her, and we'll all continue to play along. I guess she missed the day when everyone else realized that high school sucked, and no one in their right mind wants to go back there. Ever.

It's sad, but funny in a way, to think that she thinks that kind of thing is actually going to work on us. I mean, doesn't she get that we actually talk--like real people--to each other, we've compared notes on our impressions of her, and we've all individually come to the conclusion that she's shallow and self-centered.

I am comforted to know that I'm not the only one, though. Does she really think we're all that stupid? Or shallow? Does she really have NO IDEA that we'd rather have a complete hard-assed, mean, demanding bitch around than her? Does she think that while there are 4-6 of standing around the playground talking and laughing with each other, and she's off to the side with the manipulating wench newsletter woman (ONE person) that we'd all really rather be her?

What is she smoking, and where can I get some?

No comments: