I did make it to the PTA special mee-in, thanks in part to the weather. (They closed the garden center at 5:30pm instead of 7pm; and since they didn't need me to cover breaks or anything, I was outta there!) I arrived just at the scheduled time, and was absolutely stunning in my orange. (HAH!)
Anyway, it was rather anti-climactic. There was no tantrumming, no fighting, no nothin' really.
A brief explanation of what we did right, and how, for several years now, things had been done totally not right.
The only real question is how to do the actual voting. We can't do, according to the by-laws I guess, a vote-by-proxy thing, and Miss Thang is opposed to doing a "mail in" or "drop off" vote. I assume she's as paranoid of "us" as we are of her, and doesn't want to take the chance of having a funny vote that will be questioned later.
If she gets it, though, I'd be surprised.
Nobody is happy over the way most of the parents have been treated--again with the lack of communication, the no-call back (don't call us, we'll call you--as if policy), the lies we've been told about what's happening, who's involved, etc etc etc.
It's time to move on.
But, apparently, I am Miss Thang's PTA BFF. Her non-verbal performance the night of the real meeting, the email responses, AND her meltdown seem to have passed, and she was, at the special meeting, chatting away at me like we were always such good friends. She blathered encouragingly about how "great you'd be" as the secretary and all that.
Bleah.
Somehow, I get the feeling that she's not really paying attention (or is totally Asperbergering my social clues) to who I am. It's like she believes that because I continued to show up even while being totally ignored means I'm desperate for friendship in some dorkass way, and will be forever indebted to her for being my friend. (Now, there's an As-If policy if I ever heard one.)
Does it make me a phony because I don't visibly roll my eyes at her?
No comments:
Post a Comment