Wednesday, September 30, 2009

R U Sayin' I'm Fat?

The past few days at work have been cold. Not cool, COLD. As in, numbing. I refuse to break out the Orange (and deal with the Great Pumpkin references) until October, so I stuck with my spring and summer attire: Ol' Yeller.

The yellow rainslicker, in and of itself, other than being very very bright yeller, isn't bad. But when paired with the yeller pants, it's quite a sight.

And, apparently, when paired with my standard issue uniform (a red vest) I look like Winnie the Pooh on the LP cameras. I asked if LP was calling me fat. She said no, but I am choosing to blow this out of proportion anyway.

Luckily, years ago, during the cold weather, I gave up my dignity and vanity for warmth, and opted to keep all 10 fingers and toes, so I can laugh about this.

Besides, other than the apparent physical likeness for a few days, (and the obligatory dum-de-dum-dum humming) I am nothing like the Silly Old Bear. I am not stuffed with fluff, nor am I chubby, tubby, or silly. If the Gnome or Frodo decide to make references to the likeness, I will begin using phrases such as "Oh, bother" and "smackerel of honey" on a regular basis.

Now that I think about it, this is going to get ugly.

Thankfully, the Great Pumpkin arrives tomorrow.

2 comments:

Flea said...

I love that you look like Pooh. That would totally ROCK. Especially being caught on camera.

mumple said...

R U sayin' I'm fat? lol