for a lack of reason.
Case in point: I was, of course, at the Return desk. Which means that I get to stand near the main entrance....and immediately to my left, outside the desk, is the Seasonal department.
And at this time of year, that means that I get to hear the compressor that keeps those dammed blow-up things run, and hear the drone of obnoxiously loud music, and see the blinks, blips, and flashes of every sparkling, lite-up thing we peddle.
A man walks in thru the doors. He looks to his right (my left) and sees and hears all the gloriously commercialized motorized lit up joy that is the Christmas department. He then turns to his left (to me) and says, "Hey, I heard that you have those lights." pause..."on a string." longer pause, hand motion in a spiral..."like you'd put on a tree or something."
Jaw hanging open, I say, "What we have in Christmas lights is all right over there." and I point to all the motorized, noisy, sparkling Christmas joy that we peddle.
"You sure they're there?" he asks, as he looks, again, at all that Christmas joy.
"A-yup."
2 comments:
The visual image this conjured up for me was absolutely hillarious!
Was he yankin' your chain?
Post a Comment