and, of course, my job isn't necessarily considered a "good thing." At least not in the traditional sense.
Anyway, our new store manager arrived yesterday, and I was, of course, off. (no comments from you peanuts in the gallery, please.) I go in today at 4pm.
My concern has been that since our new store manager is also, technically, my 3rd cousin, I may be out of job. Now, everyone says, "cousins ain't that big a deal" but, then, this is where I've worked for 10+ years. And I've done this gig before. They say it's not a problem, then 6 months from now, it's a problem. Then, a year from now, it's a BIG problem. (Nevermind that I wouldn't know him if he stepped off the curb in front of me...)
Really, I don't care who else has fought that particular idiocy and won, I don't want to fight. (I know, I know, the Apocolypse cometh) I want to show up when I'm supposed to, do my job, collect my paycheck and not be touched by freaks. How this company usually handles this is that they have a written policy. They have exceptions to the policy. Then, somebody, somewhere, gets a wild hair and decides it IS TOO a problem and then the shit, as they say, rolls downhill. I'm ALWAYS downhill. That's what "plankton" in my job description means.
*sigh* after this many years of going through SSDY (same shit, different year) I'd just really like to get a "get out of jail free" card X infinity.
2 comments:
Time to be ahead of the game and find a better job?
Post a Comment