Sunday, July 08, 2007

Trouble, Right Here In Mumple City

Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble Trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble ....

That starts with "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for


PORN.

Everybody sigh and get it out of the way.

I am not a Puritan, and I am, by no means, a prude. I love a dirty joke and I am not interested, personally, in porn. Been there, looked at it, got over it.

I also, for the record, do not think that if grown, consenting adults want to look at pictures of nekkid consenting adults they don't know (or maybe they do--not judging here), I don't care. (I'm not talking about the more perverse things in the genre, and I'm not talking about addicts of any nature, so just keep your head from spinning.)

Even being relatively open and honest, sincere yet unabashed attitudes about sex, I am astounded (and frustrated, and angry) to discover that the 18 year old Toad spend the bigger part of May, all of June and at least 1/4 of July ordering Pay-Per-View porn when we weren't home.

We now know why he was spending so much time in the livingroom.

The problems I have with this are as follows:

  • He didn't have a job to pay for his viewing pleasure (ewwwww)
  • He is only now awaiting a start date on a job
  • He was, at the time he was spending this non-existant money, not even looking for a job to pay for his viewing pleasure
  • If he had ASKED, we would've found him a way to have his viewing pleasure without costing me the if I'm lucky it's only $200

I have concluded, this weekend, that he has judiciously waited until he turned 18 to begin all these nasty, petty, EXPENSIVE little rebellions.

It's a lot of money to be pissing through in just 6 months (and these are just the big ones):

  • Damage to the Beast: $100
  • Insurance for the Beast: $600
  • Cable Pay-Per-View: $200 (?)

If he'd have pulled this crap over the course of two or three years, I could almost not be mad enough to spit nickels. But since he's pulling it all in just a few months, I will soon be faced with having to choose to pay for his idiocy or make my car payment (my payments aren't that high, either).

I want to hit him, frequently, and with much power. But I can't afford to do that--or I'd have to pay to have someone stitch him back together, too.

6 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oy Vey. I'd be pissed.

Anonymous said...

I would be so pissed about the bill!
He would be paying me back that is for sure!
~Renae~

Anonymous said...

Looks like when he gets that job,his first obligation is to make good on his debt.

I's not only be pissed, I'd be livid.

Belladonna said...

OH MY. This brings back memories. Although my experience was different. My son was only 16 and was calling on the phone for sex talk. I saw a phone number on our bill I did not recognize. It was a spendy call. So I called the number to see who it was. Boy did I get an ear full!!!

I was flabbergasted. I was furious. I was concerned. But we got through it, and many other parenting challenges.

Many blessings to you, however you choose to handle this hurdle.

Henny Penny said...

GACK!

Take it out in flesh! If you have to pay the bill... Make him work it out. Some good grunt work might make him think.

Anonymous said...

Why can't he have just hid porn mags under his mattress like every other kid??

--drumstick