Saturday, August 04, 2007

Classic

A classic example of how much I love the ridiculous in life:

I've been having a lot of head pain. Ear, throat, and neck head pain. It finally got to the point that I could no longer just suck it up and I had to go see the doc.

The doc listened to the story about what's been going on, and then examined my head and face.

She tells me, "Yup. You've dislocated your jaw."

And, of course, my jaw hit the floor. How exactly do you do that?

She explained that it's really TMJ (mental note to find out exactly what that stands for because I know it's not "Talk Much Jaw") and what we need to do about it.

I'm especially looking forward to getting the head set thing to wear at night. Joyous. Although, if it's unattractive enough, it may finally get me some REM sleep. (No more leg humping, hmmmm. I don't know about this--I don't know about this at all!)

Anyway, I have to now explain to my family, friends and co workers that I've dislocated my jaw.
Yeah, right. Like I'm NOT gonna USE this. It's too easy--it'll be too fun! If nothing else, it's wonderful to know that God is still practicing his sense of humor on me.

Yup. It's a classic thing--especially being told that if the treatment doesn't work, my jaw will freeze up.

There are people who will buy tickets to the gig.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Well, that bites.

Sorry to hear it, but I wish I could see it. *snark* J/K

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!
Hope the headset works!
~Renae~