Thursday, May 24, 2007

I Know Where I Am

Do you?

I had a customer tonight argue with me about whether or not I can print her check.

Yes, she argued with me.

She handed me the signed check, so I filled it out for her, telling her that she would need to initial each line I filled out so that her bank, and my cash office would know that she asked me to fill it out and that I filled it out correctly.

At that point, she said, "You can't print it?"

I answered with my standard "We may be the only place in town that can't, but no, I can't."

"Those girls up front never have a problem printing it."

"No, Ma'am, they can't print it."

"They do every other time I'm here."

"No, Ma'am, I'm sorry, but in the almost 7 years we've been open, we haven't be able to print checks."

She squints at me, then says, "Oh. This isn't Waaaaaaaalmart."

I so wanted to say, "DUUUUUUUH." But I didn't. I should get a cookie for that.

No comments: