Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Idiot of the Week

That'd be me.

Yesterday, at work, I got cut. It's more of a gouge really. I knew, at the time, that it wasn't going to be pretty, but I didn't want, nor need, stitches or anything like that.

I didn't look forward to the time I'd end up spending filling out the accident form, going to pee in a cup, etc. etc. etc. I especially didn't look forward to having anyone digging around in it, for some medical guy to tell me they can't (or won't) stitch it.

I'm not worried about the piss-test--I've got no reason to worry. But I didn't relish the waste of time. I hate wasting time, and I hate hassles.

Cleaning it (and keeping it clean and relatively dry) yesterday, this morning I wake up and realize it's been 6.5 years since my last tetnus shot. If you have any kind of deep or puncture wound, it's recommended that you get a booster if it's been more than 5 years.

Crap and double crap.

I call the doc. They recommend the dammed shot. Idiot and double idiot. Why wasn't I thinking?

I call work, thinking that if I explain, they'll tell me it's been too much time and filling out the form now will be a problem. They tell me the opposite. I now have to find someone to Howler-sit so I can go fill out a stupid form and go pee in a cup.

Simply by being Mumple, I have to get this shot. If there are odds out there on the chances I'll get tetnus, my money is on my getting it. The higher the odds that I won't, the more likely it is that I will get it.

Mumple luck is that strong, and that crappy. And, since we're leaving Friday to go to the in-laws, the chances of my swelling up and dying over a *little cut* increase exponentially.

So, I will be filling out a form, literally a day late and a dollar short, and ruining my rep as a THINKER and a DOER at work.

This week, I am the Village Idiot.

I hate that.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Well first of all there's been a tetanus shot shortage so call ahead to make sure they even have it and save yourself two trips.

Can you go to the health department to save yourself time? Rather than the weighing, peeing, sit in a little room nonsense you fill out all the forms in the waiting room, get your shot 10 seconds later, and then go home.

zenjen said...

I know now is not the time to tell you that reading your blogs brings a wide smile to my face everytime-- but its true.
I hope that your shot went well. I hope they helped you fill out the paperworkd since you are a one armed woman right now.. and mostly, I hope Mumple luck doesnt shine thru today!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, that sucks! I'm with Zen...no *typical* mumple luck on this.