I just want to say first, that my son is a teenage boy. It's not attractive, for oh-so-many reasons. I do not go to work to deal with that kind of lethargic, deer-caught-in-the-headlights interaction. I go to work, in part, to NOT be with my children. I expect, when I am at work, to not have to deal with my children.
I'd also like to say that this is one of *those* people--the ones who simply looking at him irritates me. Part of it is me, I readily admit. The other part is that the few interactions I have had with him have left me wanting to take of my shoe and bitch slap some sense into him.
But, we count our blessings--he has shown an aptitude for actually finding the building. (Unlike the Infinity Girl, who gets lost on her lunch hour.) He also, more or less, shows up when he's expected to.
His vocabulary is akin to a Neanderthal, though. His entire communication repartee can be summed up thusly: Blank Stare or "I don't know." If he's really on a roll, you'll get both.
If he needed to write a personal ad it would read like this:
SWM, 19. Non-Thinker, Non-Communicator. Refuses to use phones; Cannot answer simple questions. If you like blank stares and drunk driving (and getting caught), I'm your guy. I can get lost in a shoe box. Call me today!
God, he irrititates me. I spent about 3 hours working next to him outside yesterday, and in all honesty, I'd rather have Infinity Girl (doesn't have a personality at all that I've seen) or her sidekick, the I Want Out Early woman (she also seems to have trouble finding anything in the store that isn't the breakroom or the door).
Everything I asked him (since he was there earlier than I was) I was told "I don't know." Anything I said to him got me the blank stare. Customers got both. He would tell them, "I don't know." then stare at them stupidly until they walked away.
I'm actually impressed that he does manage to find the building and come to work as often as he does, though. I don't think he could find his ass with both hand, a map, and a guide. But, I'd also wager that if he DID happen to find his ass, and you asked him what it was, he'd say, "I don't know."
I'd also like to say that this is one of *those* people--the ones who simply looking at him irritates me. Part of it is me, I readily admit. The other part is that the few interactions I have had with him have left me wanting to take of my shoe and bitch slap some sense into him.
But, we count our blessings--he has shown an aptitude for actually finding the building. (Unlike the Infinity Girl, who gets lost on her lunch hour.) He also, more or less, shows up when he's expected to.
His vocabulary is akin to a Neanderthal, though. His entire communication repartee can be summed up thusly: Blank Stare or "I don't know." If he's really on a roll, you'll get both.
If he needed to write a personal ad it would read like this:
SWM, 19. Non-Thinker, Non-Communicator. Refuses to use phones; Cannot answer simple questions. If you like blank stares and drunk driving (and getting caught), I'm your guy. I can get lost in a shoe box. Call me today!
God, he irrititates me. I spent about 3 hours working next to him outside yesterday, and in all honesty, I'd rather have Infinity Girl (doesn't have a personality at all that I've seen) or her sidekick, the I Want Out Early woman (she also seems to have trouble finding anything in the store that isn't the breakroom or the door).
Everything I asked him (since he was there earlier than I was) I was told "I don't know." Anything I said to him got me the blank stare. Customers got both. He would tell them, "I don't know." then stare at them stupidly until they walked away.
I'm actually impressed that he does manage to find the building and come to work as often as he does, though. I don't think he could find his ass with both hand, a map, and a guide. But, I'd also wager that if he DID happen to find his ass, and you asked him what it was, he'd say, "I don't know."
1 comment:
Blank Stare.
Are you telling me this is the joy I get to look forward to?!?!?!
Calgon.....
Post a Comment