Friday, May 04, 2007

Snoozefest 2007

Ever come across someone who thinks their writing is so funny they have to tell you when it's funny? I'm assuming this person got in the habit of telling others where the funny parts are, because if she were a journalist, as she claims, newspapers and magazines don't have laff tracks and the editors wisely edited out all her hints at where to laugh (or cry).

I'm self-centered. This woman is smug. And I've been reading her blog, trying to figure out why. There's no picture of her on it, at least not a real one (the one that's there looks like it came from public domain *stock* photos), so there's no way to tell if she was hottie in her younger years and just never adjusted to the sagging and bagging her body is now doing. She doesn't strike me as horribly intelligent, either.

It reads like it's all one big *inside joke* and, like the cool kids in gym class, expects the rest of us to laugh when she tells us to, so she can feel better about herself, and snicker about us behind our backs.

I hope that anyone who reads this and finds it dull (laugh or not at your own discretion) will tell me. If you hate it, and totally think I'm rude, say so (it won't get deleted).

God, when I'm old and flabby (okay, older and flabbier) some one please shoot me if I'm that dense.

No comments: