Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Them Dukes!

Kevin was flipping channels and he discovered that CMT is now showing The Dukes of Hazard reruns.

He said, and I kid you not, "I want to see the end of this."

As if there is even ONE episode of The Dukes of Hazard that didn't have:

At least one car chase

A car chase that involved Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrain

A scheme cooked up by Boss Hogg and Roscoe to get them Duke boys in jail and make Boss as much money as he weighs at the same time

Uncle Jesse giving 'em some good advice that gets twisted, somehow, into meaning "have a car chase, and blow something up"

Daisy serving beer at the local juke joint and wearing those Daisy Duke short shorts

Finally, there needs to be either Enos flirting like a dork with Daisy or Cooter fixin' some car (but rarely both).

At the end, the Duke boys are not in jail, Boss Hogg is blaming Roscoe for whatever went wrong, Uncle Jesse is using his "Mad Jack & Number 7" laugh, Daisy has on a pair of Daisy Dukes, and Boss Hogg has lost money, instead of making it.

Sometimes, to mix it up a bit, Boss will eat a doughnut or some crab legs. If it was a sweeps week episode, he'd eat both.

Now, how, exactly, does Kevin figure he didn't know how this episode ended? I mean, I haven't watched the Duke Boys kick ass and take names since about 9th grade, and I know how this episode ended.

I think he just wanted to see Daisy in them shorts!

(as a side note, do you think that she knew those were Daisy Dukes when wardrobe handed them to her that very first day of filming? Do you think wardrobe lied to her about them? "Naw, hunny, they's got a seat in 'em. You just wear 'em. You see."

1 comment:

zenjen said...

O.M.G.
ROFLMAO.
I cant even catch my breath!!!