I love these movies. Whether it's some stupid hopeless romantic thing, or just a stupid thing, I don't know, and I can't seem to analyze it enough to get over it.
1. Grease 2 It's one of the most horrid wastes of time, energy, money, film and paper. It's a stupid story, with stupid, but catchy songs. Sick and demented as it is, I love it.
2. 10 Things I Hate About You Heath Ledger isn't all that much...except for this movie. I am addicted.
3. Never Been Kissed While I was not Josie Grosey in HS, I was painfully shy and struggle daily with my tormented, insecure self. I keep that shy girl roped and duct taped into silence, but sometimes, it's not enough.
Now, for the other part:
If there is any one on this planet who can please explain to me WHY WHY WHY the movie Reservoir Dogs is "just a cool movie" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me. I've seen it, and while I agree that Tarentino has a unique style, and an unforgiving eye for man's inhumanity to man, and he is blaringly truthful in his portrayal of the fact that not everyone has a redeeming side to them, this movie is about WHAT? exactly? And why does every single man I know who has seen it say EXACTLY the same thing: "It's just a cool movie." No explanation, no reason. I get that I don't have the plumbing to easily or always understand, but in this instance, even the guiding beacon (and saving grace of me) in Kevin cannot (or will not) explain.
1. Grease 2 It's one of the most horrid wastes of time, energy, money, film and paper. It's a stupid story, with stupid, but catchy songs. Sick and demented as it is, I love it.
2. 10 Things I Hate About You Heath Ledger isn't all that much...except for this movie. I am addicted.
3. Never Been Kissed While I was not Josie Grosey in HS, I was painfully shy and struggle daily with my tormented, insecure self. I keep that shy girl roped and duct taped into silence, but sometimes, it's not enough.
Now, for the other part:
If there is any one on this planet who can please explain to me WHY WHY WHY the movie Reservoir Dogs is "just a cool movie" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me. I've seen it, and while I agree that Tarentino has a unique style, and an unforgiving eye for man's inhumanity to man, and he is blaringly truthful in his portrayal of the fact that not everyone has a redeeming side to them, this movie is about WHAT? exactly? And why does every single man I know who has seen it say EXACTLY the same thing: "It's just a cool movie." No explanation, no reason. I get that I don't have the plumbing to easily or always understand, but in this instance, even the guiding beacon (and saving grace of me) in Kevin cannot (or will not) explain.
No comments:
Post a Comment