Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Lie To You Because I Know You Like It

This week, I had a real winner:

Winner: "Where do you keep your treated lumber?"

Mumple: "In the LUMBER department at the other end of the store."

W: "Are you sure?"

M: "Yes."

W: "I mean, 2x4s and 2x2s and things. Treated lumber."

M: "Yes. LUM-BER. In the Lumber Department, with all the other kinds of lumber."

W: "Treated 2x4s too?"

M: "Yes."

I must look horribly dishonest or stupid.

Do these people really not get that everything in the store is still INSIDE the store, where it was before Spring got here?

Where TF is the treated lumber kept in other lumber yards? In plumbing or home decor? Was he here the day we took all the lumber and hid it, piece by piece throughout the store as a tribute to Psychotic Treasure Hunt day?

I so want to get a button that says, "I lie to you because I know you like it." But they'd never let me wear it anyway. Dammit!

4 comments:

Kat said...

And, what would happen if you actually said "You know...you're right. It's in paint. I forgot." *That* I would pay to see! (I have a retail background myself - and just wished for one day I could slap some silly into people!)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

*waves* Hey Kat! Long time no see!

Mumple-I read your blog and I know why I always want to mess with people's heads. It's very tempting when they set you up so dramatically.

Anonymous said...

OK-- I laughed so hard it hurts. I triple dog dare you to do what Kat says.

Kayris said...

These must be the same people who knock on my door and ask me if I'm sure the white car isn't mine and say, "Really?" when I tell them the baby dressed in head to toe pink is a girl.