Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Limbo

This year really sucks.

Everything that can happen in one year (short of moving and dying) is happening.

Faced with milestone birthdays every where I turn, milestone events (some of which are still *up in the air*) are rushing past and there are simply not enough hours in each week to add in time for minor breakdowns on my part, I really think this is a shitty year.

I haven't blogged about it because it's a lot for me to wrap my head around. That's quite impressive, because what's inside my head is usually a lot anyway.

Kevin celebrated his 40th birthday, the Toad turned 18 AND got his driver's license. The Howler was registered for Kindergarten, and turned 5 (all in the same week!) and the Toad will be graduating and then I will celebrate my 40th birthday later this year. Kevin and I also celebrate 5 years of wedded bliss, and we still LIKE each other.

It's a lot to think on, and I'm not, in all honesty, doing that great at it. Add in work--mine and Kevin's--and we've got some stress creating situations.

When I think about it all, and factor in my control freak nature, it's amazing that I'm still functional. So much has been up in the air, especially the last 2.5 months. Will the Toad get his diploma? What's going on with my job?

From the religious standpoint, Limbo is preferable to Hell, and I'm sure, on some levels, it is. For me, though, Limbo really is a Hell in and of itself. Not knowing, and having no answers come, added into the whole having no control over when, how, or what those answers bring with it does nothing except add to my stress levels.

I'm beginning to think that if it weren't for stress, my blood pressure would bottom out and I would be destined for a dirt nap.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Dr Suess called it The Waiting Place:

...headed I fear toward a most useless place.

The Waiting Place...for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow
Everyone is just waiting.

Oh the Places You'll Go, Dr Suess