Thursday, August 17, 2006

Award Winning Shoppers

The "IT'S YOUR FIRST TIME SHOPPING EVER" Award goes to:

The people who had a FULL conversation with each other every time I asked them a question like "Is that everything this evening?"

The "OMG. HOW DO YOU REMAIN UPRIGHT" Award goes to:

The guy who was going to swipe his Credit Card BEFORE I was done with the customer in front of him....then he proceeds to read the credit card machine--literally--word for word as he proceeds with his purchase.

The "HAVE YOU BEEN ON OUR PLANET LONG" Award goes to:

The guy who came up to the CS desk and then just wandered off along the desk...then, at the farthest point he could get from me and still be considered at the desk, he tells me that he "Has something in the system." Huh? He then rattles off his phone number...ahhh. That could be a couple of things. So I ask him does he need to pay for a special order, does he need to check if his order is in, was he called and told to that his order was in. He seemed out and out P.O'd when I told him he'd have to come with me to the register in order to pay.

The "YOU DON'T GET OUT MUCH" Award goes to:

The guys who came up to the desk, plants their stuff on the counter (the high part, not the checkout part) and I ask them to step over to the credit card machine to finish the purchase (since you're using a credit card), so they leave all their stuff piled on the higher part of the counter. They seems a little dazed at the end of the transaction.

The "I UNDERSTAND AND SPEAK ENGLISH, DO YOU" Award goes to:

The genius who comes up to the CS desk, and begins to rattle off his phone number and name. When I ask him how I can help him, he tells me he needs to pay for his order...both registers at CS desk are being fully occupied. NO ONE is anywhere near Reg. #4, so I tell him that if he wants to step down there, we can complete this purchase there. He repeats to me what he's already said--LOUDER this time. I tell him, Yes sir, I understand. Both these registers are being used right now, and if you step down to Register 4, she can...he rolls his eyes and BOLTS down the aisle to Register 4.

THAT'S ALL OF OUR WINNERS FOR THIS EVENING. THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING!

1 comment:

daionara said...

*Snort*