2 men walk from the inside of the building to the register at the garden center gate...Thank God I had no customers at that moment.
The big smart looking one asks "Don't you have a section out here of just clearance stuff?"
I point up the aisle to the HUGE sign that reads "SALE 1/2 off plants this table only"
And genuis man says "I don't mean plants! NO! NOT PLANTS! Something ELSE!"
So, after spending the day being the smartest person I talked to all day....I say, "Like What?"
The stupid looking one is standing beside him smirking as he repeats, "NOT PLANTS! NOT PLANTS!"
I respond with "It's a GARDEN CENTER, sir, what did you expect to find out here?" (yes, I really did)
He says "Clearance stuff. Not plants."
I think I've got the *not plants* litany down by now, so I repeat MY litany.
"This....Is...The...GARDEN CENTER. This is where the PLANTS AND SOIL ARE. If you mean patio furniture, torches and things, those are inside--the way you just came."
He points behind me and says, "Not plants *I'm rolling my eyes here* like those statues back there." He points behind me, about 20 feet away, to the garden statues (resin and ceramic) on the shelves.
I turn slowly, look back at him and say, "OH! THOSE! The ones with the yellow price tags are the clearanced statues."
Smirk boy isn't even looking at me now. But Genius Man isn't done yet. No, not by a long shot....He continues, "Don't you have ONE section out here for that stuff?"
"Yes sir. ALL the statues are on THOSE shelves over there."
He left. I wonder what he was looking for.
The big smart looking one asks "Don't you have a section out here of just clearance stuff?"
I point up the aisle to the HUGE sign that reads "SALE 1/2 off plants this table only"
And genuis man says "I don't mean plants! NO! NOT PLANTS! Something ELSE!"
So, after spending the day being the smartest person I talked to all day....I say, "Like What?"
The stupid looking one is standing beside him smirking as he repeats, "NOT PLANTS! NOT PLANTS!"
I respond with "It's a GARDEN CENTER, sir, what did you expect to find out here?" (yes, I really did)
He says "Clearance stuff. Not plants."
I think I've got the *not plants* litany down by now, so I repeat MY litany.
"This....Is...The...GARDEN CENTER. This is where the PLANTS AND SOIL ARE. If you mean patio furniture, torches and things, those are inside--the way you just came."
He points behind me and says, "Not plants *I'm rolling my eyes here* like those statues back there." He points behind me, about 20 feet away, to the garden statues (resin and ceramic) on the shelves.
I turn slowly, look back at him and say, "OH! THOSE! The ones with the yellow price tags are the clearanced statues."
Smirk boy isn't even looking at me now. But Genius Man isn't done yet. No, not by a long shot....He continues, "Don't you have ONE section out here for that stuff?"
"Yes sir. ALL the statues are on THOSE shelves over there."
He left. I wonder what he was looking for.
1 comment:
Oh for another man probably. You know how they are, they like to be stupid in large groups.
Post a Comment