Thursday, August 17, 2006

EH?

I spent I don't know how much energy on one customer who had a hearing aid in....but I don't think he had it turned on, so it was basically, a clogged ear.

He wanted to know about treated 2x4s. He kept insisting that they were 1.97.

First, those were the landscape timbers, and that was 2 months (or longer) ago.

So I read him the list. THEN he wanted to know the priced for EVERY 2x4 in the building.

So I started to read him the prices...and then he tells me, just the cheapest ones.

So I tell him 2.97. He starts talking to himself, doing *math* in his head--"so, that's about 1.50 a board..."

I say, NO. IT'S $3 A BOARD.

"So, at 1.50 a board..."

Get the idea? It gets better.

How? How could it POSSIBLY get better? Let me tell ya--He's buying a small roll of chicken wire. It's $6+ PLUS TAX.

I tell him the final cost. $7.40. He hands me $6. Takes it back, asks what the cost of the wire (before tax) was. I tell him, and add "PLUS TAX".

So he hands me $5.

I keep saying $7.40. 7 DOLLARS AND 40 CENTS. over and over and over.

Finally, he hands me $11 (2 5's and a 1) and then he starts digging out change.

"20 cents?"

40 CENTS

"20 cents or 30?"

FOR-TY CENTS.

He finally gets his poop in a group enough to hand me $11.50.

I wonder if he found his car.

2 comments:

daionara said...

ROFL @ "I wonder if he found his car"

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

OOOOOH MAN! Those were the days. Love retail.