Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The *Sick* Headache

Ever get one of these?

I do now. I hate them.

They start slow, like a regular headache. Then, after about 3 hours, whether or not I've taken something for it, I have to concentrate to think, walk, or function. Anyone else speaking to me has to speak slow, and quiet, or I can't hear them--and, in all honesty, having to concentrate long enough to understand them hurts.

The Howler's crying and whining really hurt, and can also make me dizzy and nauseous. Lucky me. She usually hits a whiny jag about the time I begin to pray for death.

The only thing that helps is sleep. But, when I wake up the next day, I feel hung over--kind of floaty and it's hard to concentrate. Many times, getting through the day will bring the pain back. Ugh.

They usually last for about 3 days.

I'm on day #2. The pain is gone--it still threatens to come back if I move wrong or whatever, but at least it's basically gone.

I feel tired, very very tired. And, I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

bleah.

2 comments:

daionara said...

sounds like a migraine. I get killer nasty migraines if I don't stay on the meds to control them. Even then I get the occasional break through one.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ditto on migraines, I get them bad whenever I'm hormonal or stressed.