As I've said before, my life seems to be modelled on a sitcom. And not just any kind of sitcom, mind you, nothing less than a WB sitcom .
Case in point: Today I woke up ten minutes late. You'd think, for normal people, that this really isn't worth mentioning. Hurry a bit and you'll catch up--no problem.
Not so in the Land of Mumple.
Everything was going along okay--catching up was actually happening--and I wasn't going to be late for work.
Then I stepped outside.
Last night, I had made the decision to take the car--the car that I rarely drive. The only reason we have the Beast is that when Kevin bought the truck, we decided to keep the car for 5 months for the Toad.....and in January, it becomes his.
When we got a 3rd key made, I gave the Toad the keyfob--I don't drive the car that much, "I won't need it."
HAH!
Yesterday, I took the car to pick the Toad up from work. Nothing bad happened, other than a crappy job parking the Beast when we got home. The car sat innocently awaiting it's prey, where it gets parked at the neighboring house, on the other side of the fence. I did not lock it with the keyfob.
Apparently, when you lock it with the keyfob, it sets the alarm.
An alarm, surprisingly enough, that can only be shut off with the keyfob. 6:50am is NOT the time to discover this. The alarm was activated when I unlocked the car with the key.
I had to go back through the latched gate, up across the yard, and into the house (Thank God I hadn't locked the door behind me) to get the fob. The alarm is blaring.
I grab the wrong fob.
I'm walking back across the yard, alarm still blaring. I'm hitting buttons on the fob like a mad woman, trying to shut off the alarm. In reality, what I'm doing is unlocking and locking the truck--which is parked behind me. The alarm is still blaring.
I have to go back into the house, get the right fob, and then walk back across the yard hitting buttons to shut the damned alarm off.
Needless to say, I was late for work today. But I'll bet everyone else in the neighborhood was up and at work early.
Case in point: Today I woke up ten minutes late. You'd think, for normal people, that this really isn't worth mentioning. Hurry a bit and you'll catch up--no problem.
Not so in the Land of Mumple.
Everything was going along okay--catching up was actually happening--and I wasn't going to be late for work.
Then I stepped outside.
Last night, I had made the decision to take the car--the car that I rarely drive. The only reason we have the Beast is that when Kevin bought the truck, we decided to keep the car for 5 months for the Toad.....and in January, it becomes his.
When we got a 3rd key made, I gave the Toad the keyfob--I don't drive the car that much, "I won't need it."
HAH!
Yesterday, I took the car to pick the Toad up from work. Nothing bad happened, other than a crappy job parking the Beast when we got home. The car sat innocently awaiting it's prey, where it gets parked at the neighboring house, on the other side of the fence. I did not lock it with the keyfob.
Apparently, when you lock it with the keyfob, it sets the alarm.
An alarm, surprisingly enough, that can only be shut off with the keyfob. 6:50am is NOT the time to discover this. The alarm was activated when I unlocked the car with the key.
I had to go back through the latched gate, up across the yard, and into the house (Thank God I hadn't locked the door behind me) to get the fob. The alarm is blaring.
I grab the wrong fob.
I'm walking back across the yard, alarm still blaring. I'm hitting buttons on the fob like a mad woman, trying to shut off the alarm. In reality, what I'm doing is unlocking and locking the truck--which is parked behind me. The alarm is still blaring.
I have to go back into the house, get the right fob, and then walk back across the yard hitting buttons to shut the damned alarm off.
Needless to say, I was late for work today. But I'll bet everyone else in the neighborhood was up and at work early.
1 comment:
UGH! I hate when that happens!
Post a Comment