Saturday, July 15, 2006

Gentlemen! We Have a Winner!

Of course, I'm talking about winning the Absolute Stupidest Thing EVER at Work.

Now, in 6 years, I've experienced levels of stupidity that people ask, "Are you serious?" as if these sorts of stupid things simply could NOT be real. Like I could make even a fraction of this stuff up.

Today, we have hit a new low.

It's a busy weekend--of course it is! And I am at the Return Desk, instead of where I am *supposed* to be out in L&G. God help me.

There are 3 registers at the Return Desk. THREE registers. Guess how many were working today. ONE. ONE register. One was broken, and awaiting repair. The other, apparently, is much like a lawn jockey--something that sits there, and people ask about, but not really worth anything.

It can't be used because we have no way to actually put money in it and USE it. It has power running to it, and all that, but we can't USE it. It's not actually connected to our store, and us.

Well, even guessing at this idiocy, I page for a code 3. My manager's response to it is, "Well, stop paging for a code 3. There's no way to run more than that one register over there."

Never mind that there are 2 registers at Customer Service, and a whole line of them that could be opened to make sales.....leaving at least one of the ones at the CS desk for returns.

But I'm not allowed to send people over to it--I can't have a code 3.

That is the single stupidest thing EVER in that store.

Do you think they sat in a meeting and said, "Hey. Let's put in a register, and when we remodel, let's make sure it stays there; but let's all be sure that it can't be used. Not ever. Don't get it hooked into the network, don't put money in it."

Isn't that like not unlocking the doors to let the customers in so they can actually BUY things?

1 comment:

daionara said...

Odd.

Hey, do you sell lawn jockeys?