The episode of note from March:
When I got home from work tonight, Kevin was telling me about his evening at home with the Howler.
They got home (he picked her up at my mom's) and she came rushing into the house, announced, "I have to go check on Scout." and headed up to her room. He thought nothing of this--one of the cats usually sleep in her room when we're gone.
A few hours later, he realizes that he has not SEEN this cat, and so he heads up to her room (which she had "redecorated" before she and I left the house earlier and he had already straightened up) and opens the bottom drawer in her chiffarobe.
There's Scout, looking confused and put out that he woke her up. She had been, apparently, in there since about 2pm today. She took her good sweet time getting out of the drawer, too. She was enjoying the hours being cozy in a "bed" that was made up for her in there........and was wallowing in the joy that is known as not being bothered by anyone--and not being shoved into the doll highchair or hauled around the house "because I love her and she likes me to hug her."
I think this cat has brain damage from previous escapades into enclosed furniture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, in July, the Howler is trying to convince us that Scout can open a closed door (no latch, it's on an old antique washstand in the playroom), get inside, AND pull it shut so it sticks.
There's no polite way to explain to the 4 year old that while the cat may be that retarded, I am not.
And there's no way to say anything with a straight face.
When I got home from work tonight, Kevin was telling me about his evening at home with the Howler.
They got home (he picked her up at my mom's) and she came rushing into the house, announced, "I have to go check on Scout." and headed up to her room. He thought nothing of this--one of the cats usually sleep in her room when we're gone.
A few hours later, he realizes that he has not SEEN this cat, and so he heads up to her room (which she had "redecorated" before she and I left the house earlier and he had already straightened up) and opens the bottom drawer in her chiffarobe.
There's Scout, looking confused and put out that he woke her up. She had been, apparently, in there since about 2pm today. She took her good sweet time getting out of the drawer, too. She was enjoying the hours being cozy in a "bed" that was made up for her in there........and was wallowing in the joy that is known as not being bothered by anyone--and not being shoved into the doll highchair or hauled around the house "because I love her and she likes me to hug her."
I think this cat has brain damage from previous escapades into enclosed furniture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, in July, the Howler is trying to convince us that Scout can open a closed door (no latch, it's on an old antique washstand in the playroom), get inside, AND pull it shut so it sticks.
There's no polite way to explain to the 4 year old that while the cat may be that retarded, I am not.
And there's no way to say anything with a straight face.
No comments:
Post a Comment