Why would it matter to someone if they had a co-worker who was gay?
I mean: if you're a person of the same sex, unless he or she is hitting on you, why would it matter? And if you're a person of the opposite sex, why would it matter to you?
I just don't understand it. Some of the people I work with act like it's a major thing if someone is, or isn't gay. It's not like I work in a Junior High. It's just ridiculous to have to run around and tell others, "Joe is gay." "Mary is gay."
It also astounds me how this mentality is applied to CERTAIN gay persons--but not all. One person who is has the upmost respect and not a single comment or bit of gossip is exchanged, and yet, another person has to constantly hear whispers.
WHO CARES!
If ANY person is treating others with due respect and doing his or her job, WHO CARES who they are attracted to? Who cares about who they are sleeping with?!
The only time my co-workers sex lives are of interest to me is when it effects the job being done. Period. Screw whoever you like, show up, and do your job.
I could understand better if the person were crazy..."Hey. Did you notice how John talks to the plants? Yeah. He's really answering their questions. He's crazy." Now then, THAT would be interesting.
I mean: if you're a person of the same sex, unless he or she is hitting on you, why would it matter? And if you're a person of the opposite sex, why would it matter to you?
I just don't understand it. Some of the people I work with act like it's a major thing if someone is, or isn't gay. It's not like I work in a Junior High. It's just ridiculous to have to run around and tell others, "Joe is gay." "Mary is gay."
It also astounds me how this mentality is applied to CERTAIN gay persons--but not all. One person who is has the upmost respect and not a single comment or bit of gossip is exchanged, and yet, another person has to constantly hear whispers.
WHO CARES!
If ANY person is treating others with due respect and doing his or her job, WHO CARES who they are attracted to? Who cares about who they are sleeping with?!
The only time my co-workers sex lives are of interest to me is when it effects the job being done. Period. Screw whoever you like, show up, and do your job.
I could understand better if the person were crazy..."Hey. Did you notice how John talks to the plants? Yeah. He's really answering their questions. He's crazy." Now then, THAT would be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment