It takes less than 30 seconds for your entire life to flash before your eyes.
I learned this today when I was sitting in the passenger seat, doing a very good job of not hitting the fake brake.
Toad was driving, and doing rather well--for a beginner. Really.
Then, we come to the Blinker Light (known because at some long ago time, it blinked all the time.)
He's going to make a left hand turn, and he does, dammit! Right between moving vehicles. How I didn't soil myself, I do not know. How I did not swear I do not know. How he didn't see VERY VERY large vehicles bearing down on him as he swung into the turn, how he didn't see the cars that just swooshed past him as he swung into the turn, I do not know.
His glasses were clean (I checked 'em before we left the house.)
I was still shaking 20 minutes later.
He was wondering, shortly before this, why I insisted on telling people, "Toad is driving. PRAY FOR ME!"
I learned this today when I was sitting in the passenger seat, doing a very good job of not hitting the fake brake.
Toad was driving, and doing rather well--for a beginner. Really.
Then, we come to the Blinker Light (known because at some long ago time, it blinked all the time.)
He's going to make a left hand turn, and he does, dammit! Right between moving vehicles. How I didn't soil myself, I do not know. How I did not swear I do not know. How he didn't see VERY VERY large vehicles bearing down on him as he swung into the turn, how he didn't see the cars that just swooshed past him as he swung into the turn, I do not know.
His glasses were clean (I checked 'em before we left the house.)
I was still shaking 20 minutes later.
He was wondering, shortly before this, why I insisted on telling people, "Toad is driving. PRAY FOR ME!"
No comments:
Post a Comment