How does it make sense that I am getting popups demanding--yes, demanding--payment for a service I neither downloaded nor requested?
I go to the website and there is no way to contact these people. All their information goes on and on about how there's no way to download their crap unless someone consciously does this.
And, in downloading the 3 free day trial, I am now, according to them obligated to pay. In order to cancel the damned thing, I have to pay. Yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Isn't it customary (if not the only legal way) to do this by sending me a welcoming email? If so, why did I not receive this email? My spam filters are not set that high, and I looked at the deleted stuff--and it doesn't get deleted unless I delete it. There's nothing from them telling me I'm now supposedly stuck with their crap.
Their TOS specifically state that you must be 21 to download this crap. BUT, if someone who is not 21 downloads this crap for you, without your knowledge, you're legally obligated to pay?
I don't think so.
The PAY US NOW demands were coming every hour. Ridiculous and annoying. All roads lead to the part where they tell you that you're gonna have to pay, no matter what.
I click and click and click and FINALLY find a toll free number. Remember that it's toll free--it will be important later.
I call them, but have to have this ID number in order for them to do anything. Fine. I wait an hour and get the number; I call them back--on their toll free number.
I am gearing up for a fight. Imagine my shock and dismay when I tell them I never downloaded this stuff, and now I'm getting demanding popups to pay pay pay.
They take the ID number, put me on hold and cancel the thing. I restart my computer and the popups stop.
I'm curious--if I'm so obligated and there's absolutely NO WAY around this, why, once I had the required number, was it this easy?
(About the toll free number: it's important, because it's very easy to convince them that it's not worth pursuing if you simply call them EVERYDAY, with the name of a supervisor (which you request when the CSR refuses to do what he or she needs to d0) and leave messages. It's their nickel, and, quite honestly, it's fun. They think they can outlast you. They can't. I have nothing better to do with my time and YOUR money, honey. Stop your BS and I stop mine. When faced with this kind of tenacity, I guarantee you, THEY quit WAY before you're done.)
I go to the website and there is no way to contact these people. All their information goes on and on about how there's no way to download their crap unless someone consciously does this.
And, in downloading the 3 free day trial, I am now, according to them obligated to pay. In order to cancel the damned thing, I have to pay. Yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Isn't it customary (if not the only legal way) to do this by sending me a welcoming email? If so, why did I not receive this email? My spam filters are not set that high, and I looked at the deleted stuff--and it doesn't get deleted unless I delete it. There's nothing from them telling me I'm now supposedly stuck with their crap.
Their TOS specifically state that you must be 21 to download this crap. BUT, if someone who is not 21 downloads this crap for you, without your knowledge, you're legally obligated to pay?
I don't think so.
The PAY US NOW demands were coming every hour. Ridiculous and annoying. All roads lead to the part where they tell you that you're gonna have to pay, no matter what.
I click and click and click and FINALLY find a toll free number. Remember that it's toll free--it will be important later.
I call them, but have to have this ID number in order for them to do anything. Fine. I wait an hour and get the number; I call them back--on their toll free number.
I am gearing up for a fight. Imagine my shock and dismay when I tell them I never downloaded this stuff, and now I'm getting demanding popups to pay pay pay.
They take the ID number, put me on hold and cancel the thing. I restart my computer and the popups stop.
I'm curious--if I'm so obligated and there's absolutely NO WAY around this, why, once I had the required number, was it this easy?
(About the toll free number: it's important, because it's very easy to convince them that it's not worth pursuing if you simply call them EVERYDAY, with the name of a supervisor (which you request when the CSR refuses to do what he or she needs to d0) and leave messages. It's their nickel, and, quite honestly, it's fun. They think they can outlast you. They can't. I have nothing better to do with my time and YOUR money, honey. Stop your BS and I stop mine. When faced with this kind of tenacity, I guarantee you, THEY quit WAY before you're done.)
No comments:
Post a Comment