This is not going to be what you think.
First, let me say that the doctor, whom I actually like and trust, will NOT call it "perimenopause" YET, because I can't tell him that my cycle is actually OFF. Weird, yes, but shorter or longer or not predictible? No. So, it's not even anything--unless you count "cyclic" (which is well-educated and well-paid man-speak for "PMS"), which I do NOT count.
Second, I find it frustrating and discouraging, to know that most of my life is chalked up, by the American culture, as "my period". It certainly couldn't possibly be that I know my body--mostly because I live in here--or because I am intelligent and able to read, document, and exhibit deductive reasoning on occasion. Nope. It's just "my period."
YES! I HAVE A UTERUS. AND THEREIN, apparently, LIES THE PROBLEM. What I have is INSIDE my body, and since we cannot easily establish a visual with others for comparison, it simply MUST be the PROBLEM.
But I digress.
In the last six months, as things get more "cyclic" and less sane, I get hairier. In general, men are hairy. I am now hairy. ALL THE TIME. No matter how often I shave, no matter what I use to shave with.
I have hair on my lip, my chin, my armpits, and my legs. All need shaved every 2 to 3 days. Now, I'm not expecting that this hair should be as it was way-back-in-the-day (say, twenty years ago); I'm expecting to not have to shave my feminine lip as often as my husband shaves his face.
It is to the point where I am always in a state of shaving.
I just shaved.
I'm going to need to shave./I am preparing a plan to shave.
I am shaving.
Yes, folks, I shave more than my 17-year old son. I shave nearly as often as my husband.
There is something so very wrong with this picture.
First, let me say that the doctor, whom I actually like and trust, will NOT call it "perimenopause" YET, because I can't tell him that my cycle is actually OFF. Weird, yes, but shorter or longer or not predictible? No. So, it's not even anything--unless you count "cyclic" (which is well-educated and well-paid man-speak for "PMS"), which I do NOT count.
Second, I find it frustrating and discouraging, to know that most of my life is chalked up, by the American culture, as "my period". It certainly couldn't possibly be that I know my body--mostly because I live in here--or because I am intelligent and able to read, document, and exhibit deductive reasoning on occasion. Nope. It's just "my period."
YES! I HAVE A UTERUS. AND THEREIN, apparently, LIES THE PROBLEM. What I have is INSIDE my body, and since we cannot easily establish a visual with others for comparison, it simply MUST be the PROBLEM.
But I digress.
In the last six months, as things get more "cyclic" and less sane, I get hairier. In general, men are hairy. I am now hairy. ALL THE TIME. No matter how often I shave, no matter what I use to shave with.
I have hair on my lip, my chin, my armpits, and my legs. All need shaved every 2 to 3 days. Now, I'm not expecting that this hair should be as it was way-back-in-the-day (say, twenty years ago); I'm expecting to not have to shave my feminine lip as often as my husband shaves his face.
It is to the point where I am always in a state of shaving.
I just shaved.
I'm going to need to shave./I am preparing a plan to shave.
I am shaving.
Yes, folks, I shave more than my 17-year old son. I shave nearly as often as my husband.
There is something so very wrong with this picture.
2 comments:
When you start growing hair on your chest (like above the cleavage) and on your belly...then we'll talk hairy.
Do you really want my interpretation of this? Mr Mumple, be afraid, be very afraid.
Post a Comment