I'd really think that my manager was *out to get me*.
Okay, I am paranoid, BUT I work very hard to not let that be something that rules me. But, in this case, I think I need to start letting it have its way.
Why?
I'm on vacation this week. Yeppers. Any time my manager is doing the schedule, I have to watch it as soon as it comes out, to see if my time off requests and availability are being honored. She seems to have a complete and total mental block when it comes to me. I have my theories why, but again, they all lead back to my paranoia, and it's not attractive, so we don't go there unless we have to.
We currently do not have to.
Anyway, there was mistake on the schedule two weeks ago. Had to ask about it. I start with Super Manager, and VIOLA! She says that since I'm not "in the book", it can't be that it was approved. So, I ask the next guy in line. The Go-To Guy. Turns out, that YES, I was to be off that day--no reason I know of for why I'm not in "the book".
So, in getting it taken care of, it gets mentioned that it totally inconveniences Super Manager because another person was also given that day off. That, my friends, falls under the category of "Not Even Remotely My Problem" under the sub-heading "I Sooo Do Not Care".
I had also, at the time of speaking with The Go-To Guy, mentioned this week of vacation. Super Manager assures me that "It's in the edits, so there's no problem there." Which, apparently, in S.M. speak means, "I'll wait till you're thinking about your vacation and do something then."
Yeah, Baby. Here's where the paranoia kicks in.
Let's discount the suspected lying, the other crappy tricks that S.M. has played, the passive-aggressive comments AND the out-and-out violation of employee purchases policy on my name. Even if we do that, we're still left with the fact that while "the edits" are there, and I'm told "there are no problems", it turns out that for the weekend that ends my vacation, I'm on the schedule.
I don't notice until Thursday night. I go in to double check, thinking I must have written it down wrong.
No dice. Remarkably enough, I really really am right all the time with this. But, there are sneaking, conniving fish to fry here, and I don't have time to rejoice in this revelation.
In researching the problem, I am supposed to be off; I didn't screw up; I will be off.
IF I had waited, for any reason, to check and double check that schedule, I would have been a "No call; No show" and could reasonably expect to be written up--possibly "final warning"--or terminated outright on this.
Now, if I were to be running in full paranoia mode (which is a natural state for me, considering how I am the center of the universe and everyone is out to get me), this could look VERY harrassing and hostile.
Hmmmmm. Tell me again why am I shouldn't be paranoid?
1 comment:
Does S.M. stand for Sado-Masochism?
Post a Comment